Customer Experience, Service & Success

8×8 appoints Bruno Bertini as Chief Marketing Officer

8x8, Inc.

8×8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), a leading integrated cloud contact center and unified communications platform provider, today announced the appointment of contact center and growth marketing leader Bruno Bertini as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). Reporting directly to CEO Samuel Wilson, Bertini will be responsible for developing and driving the company’s comprehensive global marketing strategy to raise market awareness and accelerate demand and growth opportunities.

Bertini is a recognized technology marketing executive with over 15 years of experience in the contact center and customer experience industry. He most recently served as Global Vice President of Demand Generation and Growth Marketing at Freshworks, where he was responsible for driving market expansion and revenue growth. Before joining Freshworks, Bertini spent more than eight years as a marketing executive at Genesys where he held multiple leadership roles including Global Vice President, Partnerships, Alliances and Ecosystem Marketing and Global Vice President of Americas Revenue and Growth Marketing.

“We are committed to helping large and mid-market enterprises solve their unique business challenges as they engage with and support their customers,” said Samuel Wilson, Chief Executive Officer at 8×8, Inc. “Bruno’s experience as a marketing leader in the contact center and customer experience industry, particularly within demand generation, will serve to accelerate the growth and adoption of our industry-leading cloud contact center and unified communications platform. Bruno is an excellent addition to our leadership team, and I’m excited for all that he’s going to accomplish at 8×8.”

“Marketing is always more fun when there’s a great story to showcase, especially as organizations look to drive operational efficiencies, improve productivity, and enhance customer experiences,” said Bertini. “8×8’s single-vendor cloud contact center and unified communications platform, combined with its commitment to innovation, growth, and exceptional customer service, provides the engine that will allow us to tell a compelling story and highlight its incredible value proposition to both our customers and the industry.”

8×8 remains committed to expanding the 8×8 XCaaS™ (eXperience Communications as a Service™) integrated cloud contact center and unified communications platform. The company is investing in building its ecosystem of innovative technology and service partners to expand the portfolio of AI/ML solutions available on the 8×8 XCaaS platform and to deliver superior communications experiences to businesses and their customers around the world. Bertini will partner with Chief Revenue Officer, Lisa Martin, to build out a world class go-to-market program that drives strategic growth.

Bertini was granted restricted stock units (RSUs) for up to 502,512 shares of 8×8’s common stock and performance stock units (PSUs) for up to 167,504 shares of 8×8’s common stock. In addition, 8×8 granted RSUs for up to 58,000 shares of 8×8’s common stock to two additional employees. For each recipient, the RSUs will vest over a period of three years from the date of grant on September 15, 2023, with 33.3% of the shares vesting on September 15, 2024 and the remaining 66.7% vesting in equal quarterly installments over the following two years. Additionally, the PSUs will vest, to the extent earned, in two tranches over a three-year vesting period, with performance-based vesting for each tranche based on specified percentage increase in Service Revenue as measured over a trailing 12-month period during the vesting period. For both the RSUs and PSUs, vesting is subject to the recipient’s continuing employment or other association with 8×8 or any of its subsidiaries on the vesting date. The awards were granted under and in accordance with 8×8’s Amended and Restated 2017 New Employee Inducement Incentive Plan and approved by the independent directors of 8×8’s Compensation Committee as material inducements to the hiring of the new employees in accordance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4).

Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains forward-looking statements related to the Company’s future product strategies, investments in innovation, and new opportunities for growth and market leadership. Readers are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any such forward-looking statements. Readers are directed to 8×8’s periodic and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for a description of such risks and uncertainties. 8×8 undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.

For more such updates, follow us on Google News Martech News

Previous ArticleNext Article