Box, Inc. (NYSE:BOX), the leading Content Cloud, today announced the availability of enhanced innovations to power secure collaboration from anywhere. These announcements include the general availability of the all-new Box Notes, for real-time content collaboration and project management, the November beta of Box Canvas, for visual collaboration and whiteboarding, and the upcoming release of Content Insights, for increased visibility on how content is accessed, consumed, and used. The combination of these features delivers even more value to customers by providing them with a suite of collaboration and analytics tools at no additional cost. These features, along with additional new updates and integrations, will be showcased later today at BoxWorks 2022.
“The current macroeconomic environment is forcing businesses worldwide to think about how they can do more with what they already have,” said Diego Dugatkin, Chief Product Officer at Box. “That’s why we are adding more capabilities to the Box platform that meet today’s hybrid work demands. Building off of today’s announcements, customers can continue to expect new innovation from Box that helps to reduce the cost and complexity of their IT stack, while keeping their information secure.”
“Collaboration is something people do together – the right technologies help them scale,” according to Wayne Kurtzman, IDC Research Vice President of Collaboration and Communities. “Box is bringing people together across multiple sources and content types to help foster meetings and collaboration in a way that helps give action to ideas. Ultimately, this type of collaboration will help companies move closer to becoming a digital enterprise with a more engaged workforce.”
The All-New Box Notes is Here
Since its introduction, customers have created tens of millions of Box Notes to power content creation and team organization. The all-new Box Notes is supported by an advanced underlying technology engine that dramatically improves performance, reliability, and enables users to scale to new use cases like never before.
Generally available today, the redesigned Box Notes capabilities include:
- Table of contents and divider lines to simplify content organization and navigation within a Box Note.
- Call out boxes and enhanced typographical formatting so users can better highlight content.
- Code blocks to simplify the technical collaboration process.
- In-line cursors so users can keep track of collaborator edits in real-time.
- Enhanced table and image capabilities with an easy, intuitive interface so users can structure, format, and add content more easily.
- Improved security and control capabilities, like granular permissions and access stats.
Since it’s built within the Box Content Cloud, Box Notes benefits from robust collaboration features, such as task management, workflow automation, comments and real-time alerts, as well as its world-class security and control capabilities, like granular permissions, and password protected content. With Box Notes:
- Marketing teams can create project plans to track progress and author launch announcements while commenting in real-time across internal teams and external agency partners.
- Go-to-Market teams can co-develop sales plays, call scripts, and email templates to stay in sync.
- Operations teams can collaborate on updating SOPs and use real-time notifications to track feedback.
- Recruiting teams can use Box Notes to gather interview feedback across the interview panel to streamline the hiring process and automate candidate offers with Box Relay.
- Software engineers can use Box Notes to develop and review code or build out technical documentation.
The all-new Box Notes is generally available to customers today, and is included in all Box plans at no additional cost. Box Notes is available on web browser and mobile, and also includes useful organizational tools to create tables, checklists, and numbering, as well as critical collaboration features like version history, annotations, and the ability to see who is viewing or editing a note in real-time.
Box Canvas Beta is Coming in November
To connect hybrid teams so they can brainstorm, ideate, and create, together from anywhere, Box recently announced Box Canvas, its native, virtual whiteboarding and visual collaboration experience that will begin rolling out in beta to customers next month. By enabling untapped creativity in every team member, Box Canvas will help teams in any department and function take their ideas from the whiteboarding phase to actionable outcomes. For example:
- Marketing teams can use Canvas to conduct interactive workshops to shape the next campaign. All team members will have the ability to contribute to the collaboration session, and once completed, the end result can be saved and shared with internal or external teams for feedback and next steps.
- Product teams can use Canvas to map out and visualize each step of a login flow for a new app or product. Once finalized, they can route the diagram to other teams for input or approval through Box Relay, or save it in the team folder for reference.
- User experience teams can use Canvas to storyboard a user onboarding experience by embedding an inspirational video, as well as a Box Note, into the shared Canvas.
- Sales teams can use Canvas to create sales dashboards, presentations and interactive account plans. From there, they can engage clients by inviting them to participate in account planning and align on common goals.
- HR teams can use Canvas to run hands-on training and onboarding sessions that are engaging, fun, and inclusive. Every participant can interact and contribute at their own pace.
Get More Clarity with Content Insights
Rounding out Box’s collaboration suite, enhanced Content Insights features will be available later this month. With easy-to-understand visualizations and the ability to filter and drill down to see performance over time, Content Insights provides a clear picture of content performance and makes it easy to see how each piece of content is being used, who is using it, and when it is being accessed.
Content Insights provides increased visibility into content so:
- Operations teams can ensure the latest procedures are being read and followed.
- Go-to-market teams can understand when and how sales teams are using their pitch decks.
- Customers sending sales quotes and marketing information to their sales prospects can see who has viewed them without having to first follow up over email.
For more information on today’s announcements visit the Box Blog and register for BoxWorks 22 taking place later today.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding Box’s future product and product feature offerings, the timing of recent and planned product introductions and enhancements, and the market adoption and benefits of such product introductions and enhancements. There are a significant number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made in this press release, including: (1) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (2) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (3) the risk that Box’s customers do not renew their subscriptions, expand their use of Box’s services, or adopt new products offered by Box on a timely basis, or at all; (4) Box’s ability to provide timely and successful enhancements, new features and modifications to its platform and services; and (5) actual or perceived security vulnerabilities in Box’s services or any breaches of Box’s security controls. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Box products should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Additional information on potential factors that could affect Box’s financial results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings Box makes with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2022. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of Box’s Investor Relations website located at www.box.com/investors. Box does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking statements contained in this press release to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made.
Tune in to Martech Cube Podcast for visionary Martech Trends, Martech News, and quick updates by business experts and leaders!!!