Founded more than 10 years ago, the mission of Brilliant PR & Marketing is to “find and effectively market brands products and services no mom dad or family should be without.” Serving clients in sectors including baby and maternity, lifestyle, tech, housewares, education and more, the agency is perhaps best known for its work in the toy industry. This year, with 15 clients presenting at the 2019 New York International Toy Fair, Brilliant is pioneering a new “Passport to Brilliance” program to help officially registered media and influencers enjoy the must-see product previews, on-site filming opportunities, live interviews and more available at its clients’ booths.
“At Brilliant, we begin preparing for Toy Fair in the fall,” says Kathleen Tomes, president and founder of Brilliant PR & Marketing. “That’s what it takes to ensure our clients are ready to stand out and provide media an experience worth prioritizing during their busy show days.”
To participate in the Passport to Brilliance, officially registered media members and influencers will be asked to visit Brilliant’s client booths before the Fair ends on Tuesday, February 19. Prizes include one $500 Visa gift card, one $100 Visa gift card and one $50 Visa gift card. To be eligible to win, passports must be dropped off at any of the 16 booths listed below no later than 4pm on Tuesday, February 19. Winners will be selected at random.
Details of what participants can look forward to as they complete the passport include:
- Learning Resources (Booth #403) – Be the first to see new products from the “science meets collectibles” Beaker Creatures line in addition to Coding Critters, a new coding toy for preschoolers that won Best of CES from ParentsMagazine. Bring your camera to capture periodic over-the-top science demonstrations in the Beaker Creatures lab from celebrity mad scientist, Nick Uhas throughout the day Saturday, 2/16 and enjoy Beaker Creatures Cocktails from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. throughout the event.
- Also be sure to check out Learning Resources’ own Director of Product Development, Tom Runtz, on the STEM/STEAM Toy Panel with other leading industry experts Sunday, 2/17 in LEVEL 1, HALL 1E, ROOM 1E09.
- Educational Insights (Booth #413) – Check out Artie 3000™ the new coding and drawing robot, speak to a spokesperson from MENSA, participate in an hourly game show featuring the company’s vast array of games for kids and grownups and see the newest series from Playfoam® Pals™!
- Hand2Mind (Booth #5972) – Known for more than 50 years as a leader in creating quality, impactful products for schools and educators, 2019 marks the turning of a new leaf in which the newly branded Hand2Mind will also begin focusing on supporting learning champion parents with products like Bob Books Versatiles and STEM at Play kits.
- Highlights (Booth #6326) – Flip through the pages of the latest releases from Highlights Press including Photo Puzzlemania, Secret Hidden Pictures, four new Find It board books, Ultimate Puzzle Challenge and more. And, be the first to see a significant expansion of the new Highlights Learning line designed to introduce early learning concepts for kids in PreK – 2nd grades, including the new series of Big Fun Summer Workbooks.
- The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) (Booth #6414) – As the specialty retail experts, ASTRA curates all the amazing new products, hot toys and unique vendors at Toy Fair as part of their annual “Share the Fair.” Stop by the booth to pick up the list and talk through their projected top trends.
- President of ASTRA, Kim Mosley, will be on the Retail’s (R)evolution panel (Level 1, Hall 1D lobby on 2/17 at 2PM.) Kim will talk about specialty retail and how customer trends are paramount to growing one’s customer base.
- ASTRA members can take advantage of its Hospitality Lounge to check coats, relax in comfortable chairs, charge devices and enjoy refreshments.
- Plus-Plus (Booth #6169) – The unique construction toy with one shape and endless possibility to build 2D mosaics and incredible 3D creations. They are debuting everything from Mystery Makers, blind purchase collectible construction toys with a twist, to a line of four products to celebrate the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary to Super Tubes, 3 feet of fun, Food Tubes, and BIG Picture Puzzles!
- Chickapig (Buffalo Games Booth #251) – The game was launched by founder Brian Calhoun and partner Dave Matthews and quickly skyrocketed from grassroots to mass. Two new Chickapig products are making their way to Toy Fair – a Chickapig plush and the Little Joe Chickapig book (available now for pre-sale at Target.com)
- CINEMOOD (By Appointment) – This innovative device lets you create your own movie theatre anytime, anywhere! It’s the world’s first absolutely noiseless, 3″ ultralight standalone projector, that converts any surface into a 12-foot magic cinema, whether inside or outside. This month, current users can update devices to allow wireless screencasting (live mirroring) from iOS and Android devices.
- University Games (Booth #655) – Don’t miss the expanding portfolio with key family and party game launches and building upon its success in puzzles and brain teasers. Briarpatch is expanding its line of Play n Learn games for preschoolers, the company’s leveled learning system designed to offer parents a system of products matched to children’s learning needs. UG is also debuting hilarious new party games, including Are You Dumber Than a Box of Rocks, Tip of the Tongue, and Sort It Out!
- Snowie (Booth #6724) – The leading manufacturer for commercial shaved ice equipment for 17 years, is bringing commercial experience and quality to the home with Little Snowie 2, the shaved ice machine with 50+ flavors that makes it “snow” in five seconds!
- HABA (Booth #309) – owned and operated by the Habermaass family for more than 80 years, is excited to showcase 40+ new toys this year for all ages
- Yookidoo (Booth #3223) – creator of award-winning bath toys, on the go products, gyms, play mats, and more will showcase their latest products innovations
- Brain Games (Booth #6647) – In 2004, three board game enthusiasts embarked on a mission to develop board game culture in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. In 2011 Brain Games began developing and publishing new original games and later established Brain Games Publishing. Since then, Brain Games Publishing has developed and published 13 games, which are available in more than 40 countries.
- Cortex Toys (Booth #6178)– Founded by a neurosurgeon, Cortex Toys is a toy and game company with the primary goal of making people say, “why didn’t I think of that?” As the name implies, each toy is created with the idea of using our brains.
- Gray Matters Games (Booth #4519) – Created by a husband and wife duo, Gray Matters Games designs and publishes lively and cognitively challenging experiences for people with active minds. Through its games, Gray Matters promotes community, encourages fun and gives back to Alzheimer’s research.