The global data protection software market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 31.5% between 2022 and 2032, from USD 1,195 million in 2022 to USD 18,500 million in 2032.
Prominent players in the data protection software market teamed up with a variety of vendors in this hub. This increased global demand for business-adaptable data security software, as well as the adoption rate of tap-based backup features that are highly secure against regular cyber-attacks. During the projection period of 2022-2032, the aforementioned collaborative approach is expected to bring a gain of 840 BPS to the data backup and recovery sub-segment in this market.
For a big number of small to large-scale enterprises, runtime settings necessitate the use of a specific management tool to manage and safeguard their data. As a result, data security software firms supply a pool of programmed libraries that provide extra capabilities such as data security, data analytics, data abstraction, and reformed data management.
For Critical Insights on This Market, Request For More Info
The United States, which has been the largest user of data management solutions for the past half-decade, is likely to continue on this path for the next ten years. A market driver is the growing awareness of data privacy and management among U.S. commercial organizations. Furthermore, strict data-protection legislation, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act, boosted demand for such software. By the end of 2032, the market for data protection software in the United States is expected to have grown by 27 times.
Market size value in 2021A
USD 1,130 Million
Market estimated value in 2022E
USD 1,195 Million
Market forecast value in 2032F
USD 18,500 Million
Global Growth Rate (2022-2032)
Analyzing the current market trend helps to understand why banks and financial services firms are aiming to include data protection software as an integral component of their operations. Recognizing the significance of data privacy and management by a bank, demand for such specialized software that may assist it in reducing the risk of hacking.
Storage technologies for data protection via backup taps and discs have been a strong market alternative for the previous half-decade. With ongoing technological improvements in this field, tap-based data backup, which was a slow procedure, gradually depreciated on a global scale, and demand for virtual data backup software increased.
- North America is expected to generate USD 382 Million revenue in the global data protection software market.
- Data protection software for BFSI is expected to grow at a 33.6% CAGR by 2032.
- Small & midsize business to generate absolute $ opportunity of USD 10,500 Million.
- Rapid technological advancements are expected to propel the demand for data protection software.
- Use of data protection software for safeguarding from cyberattacks and malware is expected to drive market growth.
To learn more about Data Protection Software Market, you can get in touch with our Analyst at
Market players in the data protection software industry have primarily pursued growth-oriented tactics, which include increasing the rate at which data privacy solutions are implemented. Collaborations, mergers, digital marketing, and constant technical developments in the aforementioned software also rank high on their priority list. By providing a highly secure system, these tactics assist global firms in expanding their geographical footprint and gaining maximum market share.
- In 2020, Commvault, a global pioneer in data protection software, will release metallic SaaS-based data protection software for Enterprise-ready data management systems in the European region, with core backup and recovery functionalities.
- In the beginning of 2019, IBM Corporation paid around USD 33 billion for REDHAT, an Open Source software provider, with the goal of gaining experience in cloud computing.
Key Players in the Data Protection Software Market Include:
- Microsoft Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- NetApp, Inc.
- Veeam Software
- Veritas Technologies
- Dell EMC
- Cloudian, Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Check Point Software Technologies
More Valuable Insights on Data Protection Software Market
Fact.MR provides an unbiased analysis of the data protection software market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2021) and forecast statistics for the period from 2022-2032. The study divulges compelling insights on the global data protection software market with a detailed segmentation on the basis of:
- By Solution Type :
- Data Backup & Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Security
- Data Compliance
- By Deployment Type :
- By Enterprise Size :
- Large Enterprises
- By End-Use Industry :
- IT & Telecom
- Retail Business
- Manufacturing Business
Key Questions Covered in Data Protection Software Market Report
- The report offers insight into the data protection software market demand outlook for 2022-2032.
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for data protection software market between 2022 and 2032.
- Data protection software market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry.
- Data protection software market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others.
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Technology Domain –
Data Extraction Software Market Analysis – The trend towards artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies, as well as strong demand for superior business intelligence tools, are the key reasons driving the growth of the data extraction software market.
Data Center Containment Solution Market Forecast – The increased adoption of cloud computing and heavy content applications by businesses throughout the world is predicted to increase demand for data centers. This, in turn, is likely to contribute to the growth of the data center containment solutions market.
Data Collection and Labeling Market Scope – The wide range of sectors that use data collection and labelling creates a strong demand for data collection and labelling products and services. Smart device penetration in developing countries such as India, Indonesia, and China offers promising data collection and labelling opportunities.
Data as a Service (DaaS) Market Insights – The market for Data as a Service is fueled by the fact that it is one of the most cost-effective and agile services for businesses that are utilized to provide amazing services to their consumers. Due to its application in offering data-driven solutions, demand for Data as a Service is likely to grow significantly.