“Anything we can do to provide value to people makes them more engaged”
1. Tell us about your role in Jun Group?
As CEO, my job is to encourage connections between smart people to solve problems that they can’t solve on their own.
2. Can you tell us about your journey into this market?
I’m unique in the industry because I have been in Ad Tech and at the same company my whole career. I co-founded Jun Group and along the way I went to undergraduate school and graduate school, earning my MBA from the Wharton School of Business. The rest is history.
3. How do you think technology is upgrading the marketing sector?
The technology exists to make our lives easier. In the marketing sector, this means allowing computers to take over tedious tasks, such as manual optimizations and generating reports, allowing people to focus on strategic thinking.
4. How has the introduction of smartphones enhanced the reach of marketing campaigns?
Nearly every American has a smartphone in their pocket. Today, the mobile channel is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have. This allows Jun Group’s campaigns to reach customers at the right place and right time, on their terms.
5. Do you agree that video advertising is more effective in acquiring customers?
The proliferation of digital video has been transformative for digital advertising. In 2019, however, traditional video formats are not enough. One of the fastest-growing ad formats and one that I believe strongly in is a value exchange. It is ultimately the most effective ad format because it empowers consumers by offering them something they care about in return for their time. This is the future of advertising.
6. How do you look at location-based marketing efforts to optimize mobile advertising?
We think it’s more than just an optimization opportunity. Jun Group uses location-based marketing to keep ads relevant and target customers when they’re ready to engage with a brand. For our shopper marketing side, this means increasing customer traffic to physical stores and driving sales directly to brick-and-mortar.
7. How do you differentiate your mobile marketing platform from others?
Our name, Jun, means truth. Jun Group is a mobile advertising company that reaches over 100 million people across devices with beautiful full-screen video, rich media, social media, email, and display ads. We connect you to the right people using data we collect directly from consumers, then we track results all the way to purchase. The world’s best-known advertisers trust Jun Group because everything we do is brand-safe, viewable, and transparent.
8. What is the Digital innovation in sales technology according to you that will mark 2019?
2019 has been about making units more immersive and cultivating consumer engagement.
Anything we can do to provide value to people makes them more engaged.
Playable mobile gaming ads have become a popular unit for user acquisition, and we are seeing a similar push for interactivity from our brand advertisers.
9. How do you prepare for an AI-Centric world?
We are big believers in people. The job of AI is to allow people to focus on the most important and strategic tasks, which will make us all more effective.
10. What are the major developments you are planning, in recent times?
Jun Group has always been at the cusp of where the industry is headed. We have long believed in the power of value exchange and the industry has embraced that format in record numbers this year. We will continue hiring great people and investing in growth to support our products.
11. Can you tell us about your team and how it supports you?
The Jun Group team is made up of hard-working individuals, with bright minds and creative skills. We are particular about who we hire, only bringing on the best person for the job. Our team collaborates and supports each other, making my job a pleasure.
12. What movie inspires you the most?
The Matrix taught me to question everything. Plus, it inspires me to use technology for good and not evil.
13. We have heard that you have a very joyful work culture, so can you share with us some of the fun pictures of your workplace?
Yes, creating a positive work culture is one of our core values at Jun Group. Our culture is all about truth and transparency. We strive to foster a supportive, collaborative, and honest environment. We work hard together and can also enjoy a drink after work.
14. Can you give us a glance of the applications you use on your phone?
For productivity, I primarily use News, Gmail, and Slack. Every morning I watch my two daughters get on the school bus using the Nest app. My current favorite app is the new Dr. Mario game.