International Data Corporation (IDC) the premier global provider of market intelligence and advisory services, today unveiled the winners in the inaugural IDC Future of Digital Innovation Awards, designed to highlight successful digital innovation projects and initiatives. Categories span five unique applications of digital innovation. Specifically, IDC sought to recognize implemented initiatives (pilots or projects) to highlight best practices for those looking to replicate similar initiatives. Awards will be presented to winning initiatives at a virtual event on September 15, 2021. Nominations for the 2022 awards will open February 7, 2022. To learn more, please visit HERE.
The following initiatives were named winners for excellence in use of digital innovation:
- Best in Class Overall – Jotun – Hull Performance Solution
- B2C – Mattel, Inc – Driving innovation with Fisher-Price Smart Connect
- Government – U.S. Air Force: Detachment 24, 19th Air Force, Air Education and Training Command – Virtual Mission Trainer
- Insurance and Financial Services – Raise Green – Raise Green Originator Engine
- Open Data Sharing – Tie – Shell – Open AI Energy Initiative and Synaptic Health Alliance – Provider Data Exchange
- Performance as a Service – Damen Shipyards – TRITON Program
- Analyst Choice – Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality – Pay-it-Forward
“The Future Enterprise requires a digital-first focus. Digital innovation is changing the use of software within the organization, enabling the modification of traditional products and services to selling and engaging the customer in a new experience, and thus a new service or product. Our IDC Future of Digital Innovation winners exemplify the dynamic shift to the digital-first world with their digital innovation that is accelerating value to their customers and own organizations,” said Meredith Whalen, Chief Research Officer, IDC.