CRM company Pipedrive today announced that it has acquired Mailigen, provider of a cost-effective, easy-to-use email marketing automation solution. Mailigen, the first acquisition in the company’s history, will make it easier for Pipedrive customers to access software that generates leads and nurtures customers with the ease of use that is a hallmark of Pipedrive martech news.
“Our vision has always been to make sales success inevitable,” said Timo Rein, CEO and co-founder of Pipedrive. “To us, that means providing a complete toolkit to organize and accelerate the entire sales cycle that gives businesses and sales professionals total confidence in their abilities—from generating and qualifying leads to driving and closing deals to managing existing customers. The trick is to deliver that functionality with software that is both powerful and simple at the same time. The Mailigen team has exceptional technical know-how and shares our commitment to ease of use. Together, we will offer sales and email marketing solutions that solve more of our customers’ problems and are even more useful martech.”
According to Gartner, marketing is the fastest-growing sub-segment of CRM, a view supported by an analysis of Pipedrive’s customer base, which shows demand for marketing tools increasing year over year. A recent survey among Pipedrive customers indicated that 38% of sales professionals in the US and UK use email marketing tools as part of lead generation and engagement of customers. In addition, 88% of Pipedrive users involved in marketing at their company say that email marketing is important in helping them to meet their objectives.
Over the next few months, the companies will focus on integrating both technical platforms and organizations and will soon come to the market with a new, high-value offering for customers. “Joining the Pipedrive team is a great opportunity to create more value for both Pipedrive and Mailigen customers,” said Janis Rozenblats, CEO and co-founder of Mailigen. “By joining forces with Pipedrive, we are combining two strong purpose-built products, providing our customers more focused and robust sales and marketing solutions. In addition, both companies have world-class technical teams and are a great cultural fit.”
After the acquisition, Rozenblats will continue to head up the email marketing operations in Latvia, making Riga the fifth development hub for Pipedrive; the other hubs are Prague, Lisbon, Tallinn, and Tartu.
Mailigen helps businesses acquire and build lasting relationships with customers through email, social, and mobile channels. Pipedrive, the #1 user-rated CRM software, is the first CRM platform developed from the salesperson’s point of view. The tool addresses sales professionals’ most pressing needs speeding up prospecting and lead qualification, reducing time spent on repetitive tasks, and gaining greater visibility into sales performance, programmatic display advertising.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Key Capabilities of Mailigen
- An intelligent email builder with block building technology creates emails that are simple, beautiful and mobile responsive.
- Real-time analytics support quick action to achieve better results.
- A/B testing improves campaign results.
- Subscriber list management eases segmentation.
- Social media integration with email enables cohesive campaigns.
- Behavior-based automation workflow builder with segmentation, survey, and triggered response tools facilitate more precise targeting—the ability to deliver what customers want, when they want it.
- Dynamic email content makes creating and delivering personalized HTML content easier.
- eCommerce enabled email marketing messages like a shopping cart abandonment emails and product education email series.
Online Surveys and SMS marketing
- Private email invitations, drag and drop editor, and responsive survey design ensures personalized and secure surveys that are beautiful, fit with a company’s brand image, and work on any device or browser.
- SMS campaigns with personalization and link tracking capabilities allow users to reach their customers with time-sensitive information and include SMS as part of a lifecycle automation workflow along with the email.