Terminus, the #1 customer-rated account-based marketing (ABM) platform, announced more than 50 percent quarter-over-quarter revenue growth in the second half of 2019, positioning it to become the dominant force in B2B sales and marketing software. By the end of 2019, Terminus grew to more than 210 employees through the acquisition of Sigstr, adding an Indianapolis office to its existing Atlanta and San Francisco locations martech news.
Key highlights from its record-breaking 2019 include:
- Surpassing 1,000 total customers
- Landing at #61 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies and #21 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500
- Securing its eighth consecutive quarter as a G2 leader across seven ABM categories
- Recognition as one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces
- Adding unique data sets and a new channel of interaction through its acquisition of Sigstr
“2019 was an incredible year, not just for Terminus, but for the account-based movement as a whole,” said Tim Kopp, CEO of Terminus. “Terminus is uniquely poised to become the platform marketing teams need to drive full-funnel ABM across all points of engagement. The account-based movement is the future of B2B marketing, and with our continued momentum, we’re well-positioned to lead the way martech.”
Terminus also significantly grew its executive team, starting with the addition of Tim Kopp, former chief marketing officer of ExactTarget, as chief executive officer and chairman in December of 2019. Since then, the company has named Tim Satterwhite as chief revenue officer and Oliver Bell as chief financial officer. Satterwhite and Bell both join from Braze, a B2C CRM and mobile marketing automation solution, where together they helped to more than triple the company’s revenue marketing automation. Terminus also welcomed Bryan Wade, former CEO of Sigstr and chief product officer at Salesforce Marketing Cloud, as chief customer officer.
To support the revenue goals of B2B marketers, Terminus made significant enhancements to its suite of products in 2019, including:
- View-Through Analytics, which allows CMOs to directly quantify the revenue impact of their digital branding efforts
- A revenue-focused dashboard that unifies and visualizes account-based and traditional marketing metrics for C-level reporting
- The integration of Sigstr, which brings an additional channel of engagement and unique sets of first-party relationship and buying-group data
- Industry-leading partnerships with dozens of technologies and agencies, including intent data leader Bombora
Terminus’ record growth reflects the mounting influence of the account-based movement on business. “The less-is-more approach of ABM has been instrumental in driving our company’s growth,” said Eric Martin, Vice President, Demand Generation at SalesLoft. “By allocating resources toward the prospects and customers most likely to convert, we’ve had incredible success with our sales pipeline and overall ROI.”