You want to skyrocket your marketing strategy in the most efficient way possible, but you don’t have the time or resources to do everything at a high level.
Marketing technology, or martech, can help automate and optimize many of the most important activities when it comes to marketing. With the right tools, you can focus on your business and let the technology take care of the marketing for you.
What the ‘Stats’ Say About Marketing Technology
Regardless of size, McKinsey & Co. says that businesses are experiencing a 15-20% higher ROI by using data-centered approaches to marketing. And the only way to maximize efficient data management is with the help of technology.
SMBs can benefit from martech because it enables them to better manage customer relationships, track marketing performance through analytics, and automate marketing activities. And businesses worldwide are seeing its effectiveness.
According to Statista, the global market value of marketing technology tools was estimated at nearly $345 billion for the year 2021, and the industry as a whole is expected to project an 18% growth from 2020 to 2027. If martechs aren’t working for businesses, experts wouldn’t have arrived at estimates this high.
The most common martechs equip SMBs with a level of marketing sophistication traditionally available only to large enterprises; hence the global share of the marketing budget spent on martech is 26.6% [Statista]. Martech doesn’t just come into play once a company grows above a certain size; it’s an essential tool that helps businesses become more efficient and profitable at any stage.
After all, marketing is the bridge between product features and user needs – so why not leverage the best marketing tools to ensure you make that connection? If you don’t know where to start, here are five ways martech can help improve your marketing department.
Martech Can Boost Your Business in 5 Different Areas
For marketing leaders looking to revolutionize their business, the key may lie in adopting marketing technology tools. In today’s ever-changing technological climate, it is essential for marketing departments to stay ahead of the curve and utilize the various tools available to them. Here, we look at five martech applications in marketing that can boost your business impact.
Search Engine Optimization
Gone are the days when marketing efforts had to be handled manually — now, martechs make it easier than ever to boost a business’s search engine marketing efforts. With marketing automation, marketing teams can personalize their messaging to target specific audiences and tweak their content according to relevance and keyword density for maximum search engine visibility.
Marketing technologies can help your SEO efforts by:
- compiling the keywords that need to be included in a content
- scoring an article’s/blog’s use of keywords
- benchmarking content that’s optimized for SEO against other first-page results contending for the same keywords
Marketing tools for SEO don’t replace the creativity of marketing professionals but give businesses a leg up when it comes to marketing optimization and efficiency.
A few examples of leading SEO tools:
- Jasper AI
Content marketing management (CMS) can be a tricky business. Keeping content fresh and up to date can be a time-consuming process. Still, thankfully, content management technologies are here to help. With the right content management system, a marketing team can easily manage content throughout the entire share cycle – from creation to curation and publication.
Content management systems help you:
- A/B test the contents you’re about to publish
- manage content across platforms
- design content fast with different templates
Plus, these technologies make it easier for content marketers to track content, such as user engagement and performance analytics. So if you want an easier way of managing your content marketing efforts, look no further than content management technologies.
A few of the best CMS in the market:
When it comes to email marketing, digital technologies have made it super simple for businesses of all sizes. Nowadays, you can easily create email campaigns that are customized for each user’s needs and interests with just a few clicks – transforming email marketing from an arduous task to a breeze! This influx of leading martechs gives businesses access to powerful tools.
Marketing automation platforms for email marketing allow you to:
- personalize email campaigns at scale
- track email performance metrics
- automate email segmentation
With these powerful technologies in hand, businesses are able to maximize the efficiency of their email campaigns like never before!
Some top choices for email marketing software:
Technology is drastically changing the advertising landscape– and it’s no surprise that businesses have begun to leverage leading martechs in order to perform retargeting tactics. Retargeting involves conveying advertising messages to potential customers who have previously been exposed to their products or services, allowing businesses to drive brand loyalty with existing customers and reach out to potential new ones.
Retargeting tools allow you to:
- view your website’s visitors and how they moved around your site
- after visiting your site, show ads to your site visitors on other sites
With the help of advertising technology, businesses can now easily create campaigns that are tailored towards their specific audience, ensuring they get maximum return on investment from advertising dollars. It’s clear why so many companies are turning towards leading martechs for better performance in retargeting strategies; it’s just good business sense!
A few examples of the most-rated retargeting tools in the market:
In the age of digital marketing, a marketing team would have a more difficult job. Not only do they need to craft creative campaigns to increase visibility and reach, but they are also tasked with analyzing the data taken in from many marketing channels. Though analytics are often overwhelming, marketing technology makes it easier for marketing teams to successfully make sense of the numbers.
Marketing analytics tools give you data regarding, but not limited to, the performance of your:
- social media marketing campaigns (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram…)
With a well-curated marketing technology stack, marketing teams can gain valuable insights faster than ever before – allowing them to make better-informed marketing campaigns and get more out of their analytics. A marketing tech stack can truly be invaluable when it comes to measuring metrics!
The market’s best bets on marketing analytics tools:
- Google Analytics
What Investing in Marketing Technology Gives You
Are you looking for ways to give your business a competitive edge? With the vast and ever-growing range of martechs available now, it’s no surprise that businesses are turning to marketing technology as a way of streamlining processes and improving performance. But what is the real impact of these tools on businesses?
- Cut down time and increase efficiency: Martechs can be a marketing department’s best friend, saving hours’ or days’ worth of time. From marketing automation apps to cloud-based marketing software platforms, there are dozens of marketing technology that promise to boost efficiency and help you reach your marketing goals – fast! Whether you’re looking to segment customers, map out marketing campaigns, streamline customer relationship management, measure success rates, or keep up with trends, marketing tech is the way to go.
- Gathering critical data: Marketing technology is essential when it comes to leveraging customer data and customer insights. By utilizing these technologies, companies have the ability to gain a comprehensive view of customer behavior throughout their customer journey. Along with helping companies capture customer data, marketing technology allows them to segment customers based on various criteria for deeper insights. This ensures that companies are able to create more relevant customer experiences and drive success in their marketing strategies.
- Generate more leads: When it comes to lead generation, businesses can only go as far as their marketing technology can take them. With the right tools in place from the best marketing technology companies, lead generation and lead nurturing become much easier for businesses. Through automation and tracking tools like analytics, lead scoring, and surveys, companies can generate more leads qualitatively with better accuracy and efficiency. Additionally, lead segmentation allows businesses to tailor content and advertising campaigns specifically to their target markets.
- Improves ROI: When it comes to marketing efforts, small businesses are often at a disadvantage. It’s hard to compete with bigger competitors who have better access to martechs. However, marketing technology makes life easier for entrepreneurs, providing them with powerful solutions that help maximize their ROI overall. In addition to boosting marketing performance, these technologies deliver valuable data and insights as well, helping improve decision-making and put marketing initiatives on the right track in less time.
Martech Powers Marketing
Technology is ever-changing, and with change comes new ways to do business. As a result, companies must keep up with the latest trends in order to remain relevant. Martech is what businesses need to stay on top. Martech helps businesses worldwide by providing data-driven insights, automating marketing tasks, and increasing efficiency.
If you’re not using marketing technology in your business, you’re missing out on potential growth in numerous areas. By implementing even just a few of the five ways mentioned in this blog post, your business will be well on its way to success.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brian Shelton, Founder of Grow Predictably
Brian Shelton is an entrepreneur, marketer, and life-long learner committed to helping businesses achieve impactful results. He founded Grow Predictably to provide tailored marketing strategies to generate predictable, profitable growth. With over a decade of experience in the industry, Brian has helped businesses, large and small. reach their goals and drive positive change in the world.