Scala today announced the latest release of its flagship digital signage platform, Scala Enterprise version 12.50. The release features enhanced workgroup management, additions to the Linux player engine, including player snapshot capabilities and support for Scala Media Player DX and Q players, as well as a more intuitive menu panel with easily identifiable icons, and some significant performance improvements. Scala, part of the STRATACACHE family of marketing technology companies, provides the tools to create, manage and deploy powerful digital experiences in any environment including retail, quick service restaurants, banking, transportation, gaming, out-of-home media and additional key digital signage markets.
Highlights of Scala Enterprise 12.50 include:
- Player snapshot capability support in the Linux player engine — allowing for both on-demand and scheduled interval validation of the content being displayed
- Enhanced workgroup management that allows users to be assigned to multiple workgroups, along with access control to players and channels
- Linux operating system support for Scala Media Player-DX, a dual 4K output player and for Scala Media Player-Q, a quad HD media player
- A more intuitive, collapsible menu panel in Content Manager for personal, management and administrative settings with easily recognizable icons
- New modernized documentation knowledge center and search functionality
- Several key operational improvements for batch changes to multiple players in large deployments
- Synch and advanced control support for Scala shelf edge retail displays
- Support for LINQ interactive tablet devices from 11.6″ to 55″
“Building on the release of Scala Enterprise 12.00 last fall, we have added major capabilities that enhance the overall digital experiences to embedded ARM devices — from entry level player-R to quad output player-Q, as well as kiosks, tablets and shelf edge displays. Our goal is to continuously enhance our Linux platform, listening to the voice of the customer with a focus on making it easier to deliver more customized content for consumer engagement on their preferred operating system,” said Joe Sullivan, COO of Scala.
Enterprise 12.50 is available at www.Scala.com/updates for customers under current Scala Maintenance.